Feb 3, 2016

32 Resolutions for my 32nd Birthday

New-Year is that time of year where we jump into filling our bucket list and write down new resolutions to achieve.
On New-Year I’m usually tipsy, partying and enjoying so I try not to take important decisions… I sleep on my upcoming year desires and come public with my list around my birthday, at the beginning of February.

Oh yeah! It’s my birthday this week… 32! What a (big) number!
And for those who believe in astrology don’t google it! I’m an Aquarius.  An Aquarian is the knows-all of the zodiac (we read, research, play inspectors, take over FBI jobs, whatever it takes to know it all!). An Aquarian is friendly, sensitive, faithful, caring, idealistic, patient, neat… but it’s important to point out that a high percentage of serial killers were Aquarians! Actually, between all zodiac signs, Aquarius holds the highest percentage of serial killers.

Now this being said, I sit down this year again to put my resolutions list that will serve from birthday to birthday; and since I’m turning 32, here goes my list of 32….

1- I will embrace every occasion I have to have fun and act childish. Those who think it’s immature lack maturity themselves!

2- I will love myself above everyone else because sometimes being selfish is the healthiest one can be.

3- I will eat healthy, but I will also have amazingly unhealthy cheat meals!

4- I will read a new book every month; subject, language, theme and thickness will not matter, I’ll just read (I currently am on an average of 1 book every 45 to 50 days).

5- I will try something new every month.

6- I will try not to go to the same restaurant/pub twice (this excludes some outdoor venues and beach resorts for the summer break); Those who know me know that I love to try new places!

7- I will hold an agenda; no more skipping gym for manicure time (Jeff will be happy to hear this!), missing girl’s nights for a date, giving up a movie for a forgotten birthday celebration I have. I will now hold an agenda and mark everything down, even silly Happy Hours drinks with co-workers!

8- I will achieve one dream; I already have my bucket list from when I turned 30… and in the past 2 years new things added-up to it. This year, I’ll start achieving.

9- I will drop friends and take new ones; dropping friends does not make me a bad friend or a bad person, it makes me mature enough to let go. At 32, it’s about time to let go.

10- I will become more confident. I will not succeed in everything, I know it. But I will fail in style. I will fail in confidence. And I will not break.

11- I will get a pet. My mother hates animals and I live under my parents roof. So I’ll opt for something that will pass almost unseen… suggestions are welcome!

12- I’ll take exercise more seriously. I’m now posting monthly about health, that’s the least I can do!

13- I will put my phone away during outings and will only hold it once for a souvenir picture.  The challenge here will be for my parents need to learn that if I don’t answer after 9pm: NO I am not dead yet, and the big/fat/mean wolf did not have me for dinner!

14- I will bond with nature. NO I will not go for picnics, I’m not there yet. But I’ll start some serious bonding.

15- I will engage in helping the less fortunate and the persons in need. I started already by raising cash in my circle for the Children Cancer Center during Christmas. And I will engage in other similar activities throughout the year.

16- I will volunteer, even if it is for as little as an hour a month.

17- I will plank every day (and no, this has nothing to do with exercising i.e. number 12).

18- I will watch one new sunrise each month and I’ll try to do it from different locations. I love sunrises. They mark the beginning of a new day, of a new hope, of a new chance at life.

19- I will get a piggy bank that I will open next year, for my birthday. Will decide on what to buy myself on February 6, 2017 when I open it.

20- I will plan a girl’s night every month at least. Random girls gatherings are fun, loud and crazy, even at 32!

21- I will learn how to cook new and non-traditional things. Let’s just hope I don’t burn the house down while at it!

22- I will spend weekly time with old people and kids; they are the most genuine of us all.

23- I will lower my debts and start saving-up.

24- I will go to bed early, before midnight, 4 nights a week.

25- I will give more and expect less.  This applies to life, family and friends.

26- I will do crafts; They are good to improve creativity, they are fun and above all relaxing.

27- I will go on a road trip; my options are not vast in Lebanon but nevertheless, I will.

28- I will search and embrace more crazy moments that increase my adrenaline level until my body starts aching from inside my throat. That’s what I call: living!

29- I will pray more.

30- I will embrace life fully.

31- I will not write a resolution list for my 33 years birthday. 33 is too long!

32- I will achieve each and every resolution I just wrote down.




No comments:

Post a Comment